Saturday, August 2, 2008

HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS, II

Higher planes of existence are within reach of ordinary people like you and I! Changes are needed so that personal development really can be such!

For myself, I know that I have to kill the clutter habit- and this may not be an easy thing for me to do... but I have to. I know that my habit is growing in its effects on my wife and I seriously have to do something about it! I can't keep collecting all the "junk" that I like to collect. It is taking up all our space and drives my wife bonkers!

Yet, I keep thinking, writing on this subject of higher thinking, of elevating the mind, of reaching for a higher place of living in which personal development is real and true and is a constant, intentional thing!

I really do want to live what I "preach"! Because I believe it! Life is about elevating our existence and doing so means the elevating of our thinking! Getting out of the ruts of commonplace, ordinary daily negativities which may seem so insignificant to us because our routines are so comfortable, may be the toughest thing anyone could ever desire to do.

But it is in these ruts of commonplace, ordinary daily negativities in all our daily routines which make us a country going through the trials it is going through! In all our national greatness and glory, there are the underlying threads of greater intellectual and spiritual pursuits which were so obvious when we were a young nation, in the 1800's.

Let's return to the kind of thinking that works in our favor instead of slowly dredging ourselves into a sludge of argumentative, violent frames of living- where we are a trailer park nation of slobs and perverts and fighting among ourselves!

Is there a brand new tomorrow?

Reaching for the medicine cabinet or a joint or other drugs or a gun... that isn't thinking!

That isn't even living!

No comments: